The aim of the YEP course is to educate and inspire young students to become entrepreneurs through mentor-based programmes that foster innovation, leadership skills, creativity and self-confidence.
Our Vision is to empower youth to become entrepreneurs by engaging them in quality educational programmes that include instruction and mentoring designed to discover the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship; develop business acumen and communication skills and instil confidence to lead in a global environment.
Young Entrepreneurs will:
- Design, create and sell a product, with the help of their tutors
- Learn new skills in morning classes, get involved in project work or activities in the afternoons
- Plan, practise and get ready for market sales
- Put their product on sale at Chichester market, setting up stalls to attract potential customers
- Work with budgets, forecasting and selling techniques
- Be part of a ‘House’, competing throughout their stay for the BLA House Prize
Every year our young entrepreneurs produce beautiful T-shirts and sell them at the market raising money for ‘Chestnut Tree House’, the local children hospice.
- Age range: 13 to 18 years old
- Class size: maximum of 15 students
- Availability from mid-June to the first week of September
- An intermediate level of English is required